World of Van Helsing: Deathtrap has received quite a few updates since launch, but with the relocation of the DevBlog / Forums into the New Community hub, some of these are hard to find.
Let's review what has changed, starting with the major Content Update with the brand new Minion Card feature and the fixes afterwards.
Major changes and fixes
- Added the Minion Cards feature
- Finishing low level maps with higher level characters is awarded now with some XP (instead of nothing)
- Added a new camera mode (Dynamic Camera), enabled by default, but can be switched off in the Options menu
- “My Friends” filter has been added in leaderboards
- “Ready” / “Not ready” button was added to the campaign map in cooperative mode for the clients
- Fixed a bug that caused black screen upon opening the leaderboard through the zoom-in / fade in animation, after starting a new game.
- Fixed some achievements which only unlocked on the Tier 4 maps instead of Tier 2 maps (as was stated in the achievement description)
Minor bug fixes
- As a safety measure, from now the player needs to press and hold the corresponding button to delete or overwrite the character
- Several text corrections in all localizations
- Fixed the names of the Epic items in the Hungarian localization
- Added footstep sounds for the heroes
- My Rank filter works fine in the leaderboard
- The trap cooldown enchants now work correctly
- Added the mana cost description and changed the icon for the Disintegration Ray skill for the Sorceress
- Added new artifacts
- Minor performance improvements
- Fixed the reward Minion Cards wich supposed to unlock simply by owning the Van Helsing games
- Fixed achievements:
- Hephaestus: Can be unlocked if you upgrading with Dream Shards too (if you missed you'll get retroactively)
- Veteran Hunter: can be unlocked when you skipped the 20. level (if you missed you'll get retroactively)
- Can't touch this: now cannot be unlocked when you get damage
- Hero of the Ink: now only can be unlocked on Tier 4
- Trap Boost aura's "Extended aura" upgrade now shows the correct effect size ingame
- The end cutscene in coop mode caused unresponsive state - now its corrected.
- Fixed or added new sounds for Ornithopter, Igor, Batrantaur, Katarina and the Beeping Automaton Minions
- Ready/Not ready icon now appears for the other clients too on the campaign map
- Fixed a synchronizing issue when you get a duplicated version of your character and when he dies can damage the gate (only in single player)
Fixed some other minor issues
- Corrected text and properties of some of the unusable Godlike item drops.
- Fixed the missing text from the Lone Wolf Belt's level 10 Godlike enchant.
- Fixed some minor GUI issues.
Please let us know if there's anything we can do to improve the game even further!