Although the Event is still running, I wanted to give my Feedback already today (My real life is preventing me to wait until Monday).
As many other Players I was a little bit disappointed about what we got presented as a "World Wide Event". My Order is to kill 5.000 Guardsmen, and than I have to wait, that 10.000 other Players are doing the same. Ok, that's an simple Order, and maybe - if I have enough time to obey - I can manage this within 72h. But is that all what we can expect for the next 3 Years? An Event, where we have to repeat the same Missions again and again, and an "hypothetic" Explanation, that this Planet will got lost - maybe?
In my Eyes: That's not enough, Neocore. Why this Event is so .... uninspired? Are all of your Coders in Holiday right now? I would like to give you a Suggestion, what we/I would like to see next Time.
- If you tell us, that we have to reclaim a Planet, there should be a "Bar" that tells us, how many Percent of the Planet is under the Control of the Rebells.
- With each Mission played by the Players the Count is decreased by .... e.g. 0,001%.
- Every 60 Minutes the enemy gains 1 or 2% back to his count due to (virtualy) Counterattacks, that we haven't noticed.
- This simple Mechanic will give the Event a much more dynamic Level, which will give the Player the Illusion, that he can cause something - or even not, if he is going to sleep at Night and return to a Planet that was recaptured by the Rebells while he wasn't present.
- Maybe you will make special, much more difficult Mission available (maybe an Attack on an enemy Command Outpost, or a special Region on the Planet that will be accessable only under special circumstances), e.g. to Players that have completed 5 Missions within 60 Minutes or 10 Missions in a row without leaving the Game, where they can earn a Bonus to the Progress Bar by e.g. 0,005%.
- This will increase the Motivation to play more agressive, and maybe more than just 2 ore 3 Missions in a row.
- There is so much Potential to perform an Event, that give us the Feeling to be Part of a Crusade against the Enemies of the (false) Emperor, and not just being a Butcher on a sadly infested Planet.
As I already noticed, you (Neocore) aren't replying on Posts at this Community Hub very often, but maybe you will read this and get an Idea of what the Players (and in that special case I) expect, if you present a "World Wide Event" to us. With the Data you will collect this Weekend, you will be able to gain a Basement which can be used for hopefully more exciting Mechanics on the next Event(s).
P.S.: And maybe you should think about the Rewards. Some people seems to be .... VERY disappointed. At other Games (ATS, ETS2, DoW III, Total War Series) the Players got minor DLC with several Items: Skins, Heroes, Equipment. Maybe a small Bunch of more or less usefull Items will be more attractive than an Emote.