I'm going to go over each Melee weapon and provide feedback and suggestions. These are observations that have come up during my playtime with each weapon.
All gameplay was done on Challenge 3, Chernobog System.
Attack Rank 1 - 47/66
Defense Rank 1 - 47/66
--- In Alphabetical order. ---
1) Chainsword (1H) - Performs very well. Skills are useful and perform well in rotations. Look forward to trying Pistols. Eviscerate: Great single target. Skything Strike: Add DoT
2) Eviscerator (2H) - Its a work of art. The best set of complementary skills in the entire Melee Weapon line. The best trash clearing weapon in the game. It was awesome in Dark Heresy and its awesome here. Savage Assault: is what all weapon skills want to be when they grow up. Spinning Blow: I challenge everyone to Assault jump into a group then hit Spinning Blow.
3) Greatwsword (2H) - A solid weapon balanced between Single and AoE. Blade Flurry: Add Critical Strike Crippling Strike: Nice ability, Description says hold attack to find vulnerabilities...Add Charge or Aim Shot? Spinning Blow: DoT makes this good.
* This next three are all Power Weapons and all need quite a bit of attention. 1h weapons only get 2 abilities they have to be done well.
4) Power Axe (1H) - Feels good in combat but stats on the skills don't feel right. Strike: Remove DoT, Add Vulnerability. Increase damage. Scything Strike: Increase damage and cooldown. Add Armor Breaking.
5) Power Hammer (1H) - Legit single target weapon. Potentially the best LMB of the 1 Handers except for the Knockback. Poor AoE, Shockwave is just sub par compaired to the others. - Strike: Remove Knockback (please...I feel like the toddler who kicks the ball just before he picks it up. Over and Over.) Shockwave: - Add Knockdown, lower cooldown (trade Path for Aura and you have a contender)
6) Power Sword (1H) - Similar situation to the Axe. Feels good but Oddities. Sacrilegious to not have Armor Penetration on a Power Sword. Blade Flurry: Add Armor Breaking Scything Strike: Not bad, Add Armor Breaking
7) Suppression Shield (1H) - Good Defense. Discharge: Great AoE. Increase Damage slightly. Block: Not sure what Block is supposed to do. Tool Tip says Defensive Stance...but it behaves more like a reactionary ability. You actively have to click it right before a blow lands and it will absorb it. Adding an Animation Break to it could help. I've thought of a few ways Block could be implemented.
7A) Make Block a Channel (hold it down) and it uses Focus while you Channel. Allow movement while channeling. That way you can advance while underfire or Turtle while waiting on a cooldown.
7B) Make Block a Toggle that adds N% deflect and uses x amount of focus per second while active. (this plays more off the stance idea)
7C) Make Block a Buff that lasts 2-3 seconds with an 7-10 second cooldown.
8) Thunder Hammer (2H) - On paper this thing looks mean. On the Battlefield it is only useful for Single Target destruction. It does make quick work of an Apostle of Nurgle. It's just the rest of the room that's a problem. This 2H I would relegate to a secondary weapon in its current state. Clear with a ranged weapon then switch to this for armored targets. Strike: Again remove the Knockback. frustrating. Pulverize: Add Cone Effect (Wide), Add Shock, Increase Cooldown Thundering Leap: Add Stun Shockwave: Add Knockdown, Armor Breaking
That is it for now. Thanks for your time. You guys are awesome.