So far this is very promising and even as an alpha the idea of leveling up and outfitting myself with a load of different weapons to experiment is very fun and could keep me entertained for many more hours.
HOWEVER HOWEVER HOWEVER
There are a tonne of bugs ( of course there is ) that ruin it.
1. I have a uncommon shotgun equipped for my assault class and when I go to swap it out it will keep the shotgun in the slot and change what ever weapon I wanted to equip into that very same shotgun.
2. I no longer receive drops or money /exp from missions UNLESS my game crashes after I leave the mission after completion which means about 4 missions in a row I have come from my missions fruitless and frustrated.
3. Multi meltas are dreadfully , hilariously under powered against dreadnoughts and I found myself having to use my inferno pistol and chainsword in a mission that threw 3 of the buggers at me in total as well as a tonne of Nurgle marines but thankfully the chain sword and 65 regen a second means I managed to crawl out semi crippled instead of dead.
4. If you dual weild a melee weapon and a ranged weapon the melee weapon will float outside the fist and have no combat animation , not game breaking but annoying as hell.
5. The Heavy flamer is bloody amazing and although not a bug compared to how terrible most other weapons are I have found myself using nothing but that and a melee weapon for dreadnoughts , I am not asking you to nerf the flamer I am simply pointing out that other weapons feel woefully under powered compared to it and I think the flamer is spot on.
6.The shop ! , oh god the shop keeper annoys me for some reason I can no longer purchase any items as they fail to load and in the chance the warp is kind to me what ever I do sell comes back to me after a mission and the money I made from the sales has gone away and any items I bought and equipped will be unequipped and my previous load out will be restored.
Do not take these criticisms of mine as being made out of anger and fury , I understand fully as someone who has dabbled in coding ,3d modeling and game creation that these thing are to be expected and I fully understand what participating in a Alpha entails. I can only hope that this is of use to you.