Updates to W40K: Inquisitor - Martyr have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client (in on-line mode) is restarted.
Mission Limitation System
- The constant activity of players in Global Chat, Discord and Forums led us to consider the health of our fans, which made us implement the new MLS (Mission Limitation System). Developed with the help of professional healthcare workers, the MLS will allow players to finish 7 missions per 24 hours, resetting at 13:00 CET each day. This should help preserve the eyesight of our players more.
Mission Travel System
- The Universe is vast and deadly. But more vast.
- Mission Load time is now calculated by Mission Travel Time where a lore-faithful mechanism calculates the total time required to travel the distance between solar systems and subsectors.
- Each mission is starting only after the Mission Travel Time has ended – during the time a brand new animation is shown!
- This change was made so the game can pre-load more content, resulting in smoother gameplay and more FPS.
- Warp Travel reduces travel time drastically, so obtaining it should be the main goal of all Inquisitors.
- Warp Travel is unavailable until the next content update.
- The terrain setting will now define the acoustic setting of the map. In great hallways, enemies will now hear you fire your bolter from much greater distances and will join the battle.
- Added a variety of languages to the game. Every fraction will have its own distinctive language. Compiling the vocabulary of these languages takes a lot of work, but we are making this our top priority issue as of now.
- Minor tweaks with Monster HP.
- Shotgun damage has been decreased by 30%.
- Altered loot chances slightly.
- Since we have received so many complaints about itemization, we felt that we have to get back to the basics until these issues are resolved. This means that we have removed all weapons from the game, leaving only the Bolt Pistol. This should give players a more equal chance at clearing missions.
- All previous weapons will now revert into Normal Quality Bolt Pistols.
- Getting struck by enemies can now trigger a Dazed effect that slows player movement by 90% for 5 seconds.
- All enemies now move slightly faster.
- Passive skills now can only be reset for 200 000 Credits. We have felt that the skill tree is giving too much leeway to players so we changed it in order for players to really think before making such important decisions.
- Currency has been removed from the game.
- Bolter rounds can now be replaced with skull fragments.
- Each skull fragment takes up 1 inventory space.
- Removing pieces of equipment will increase loot chance by 20%/40%/60%/etc. This should add a risk vs. reward aspect to missions.
- In Co-Op, loot will now drop universally for all players.
- To balance this change, when a player has received 3 pieces of loot in Co-Op, further drops will cause a random item from his inventory to drop for the other party members to pick up.
- The dog has been removed.
- Added a new icon for Suppressive Fire.
- After completing a Mission, players must return to the insertion point. That's where their ship is docked, after all.
- New Emotes: /dab and /vape
- Added equipment slot for E-cigs.
- Over 420 types of E-cigs can be obtained from enemies as drops.
- New Passive Stat: Charisma
- Charisma is randomly rolled for each created character and determines the aggro range of enemies.
- The Inquisitor now ages over time. To add more fidelity, there is now a very small chance for your Inquisitor to die during traveling.
- New: Barber Shop
- Added a Barber to the Hub where Inquisitors can deal with their ever-growing facial hair.
- New Mission Type: Emperor Simulator
- Players can switch between 3 camera angles to oversee the daily sacrifices. Movement disabled.
- When the Inquisitor dies, players can now watch a new (unskippable) death cutscene.
- Covers have been reworked. Hiding behind a cover before engaging enemies will reduce the aggro range of enemies. Moving from cover to cover undetected will further amplify this effect. We included this change because we felt that stealth should be an important factor in this game.
- Cardboard box added.
- Due to the negative feedback, Uther's Tarot mode is removed entirely.
- Under the effect of Wardrugs, muzzle flashes will now appear more rainbow-colored.
- Supply crates now have a chance to be booby-trapped, causing 65% Player HP damage in a 20 yard radius.
- Elevated pitch and increased volume of the Bolt Pistol's firing sound.
- Music has been removed from the game. We feel that it makes players harder to focus. Also, the game's more scary this way.
- Minor mission stability fixes.
- Fixed a dupe glitch with the Crafting window.
- Fixed a couple of bugged users who had items or currency that they should not have obtained.
- Fixed a bug where the Inquisitor did not have long blonde hair.
- Chaos Portals were briefly vulnerable to player damage. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug where the camera was movable. This was never intended.