I will summarize this in bullet point form so as not to be terribly long winded.
A. After opening these chests a few hundred times, having either a handful of loot drop OR 3 turrets becomes very unrewarding.
B. New rewards list:
1. Nothing (just some dust swirls which would be pretty funny)
2. Random spawn encounter - Nurgling swarm/Gobbler swarm and anything on a list of progressively tougher mobs
3. Random Guardsman stuck in stasis - He thanks you for saving his life and runs off in a random direction till leaving the screen (How did he get in there ?)
4. Lost variants of Tomes/Codices - You could presumably find several lost and heavily redacted versions of the Codex Astartes (grin)
5. Random teleport - This could also randomly teleport you to somewhere on the map either already cleared or in the middle of a huge group of enemies.
Obviously thousands of things you could add for variety =)
I only made these suggestions because at the heart of 40K IMO is "surprise" and who does not love a good surprise when they open a loot box ?
I am loving the game so far and looking forward to playing a Tech-Adept
Keep up the great work Neocore!! *2 thumbs up*
"Venerate the Immortal Emperor"