So... for the most part i am actually really enjoying my time with this game especially with my friend, who actually got me to buy it on early access. This game is in Alpha how some games launch, which is scary but since it's early days, some glaring problems need to be addressed, and maybe some ideas looked at which i will now go over.
1) Lets face it. Your progression system is borderline, if not flat out loot box based, and it needs to disappear ASAP. This game looks like it can VERY easily and quickly start putting limits on progression, and monetize the Fate system, and that kind of game needs to be left in 2017 and never looked at again. Instead, have planets give rewards like any regular quest in any regular ARPG, scaling with your item level, ie. The higher the item level for x mission, the better drops and loot you will receive from IN GAME accomplishments. I hate the loot boxes at the end of each mission. It scares me to think that this is now a "valid" form of progressing in game. Fate also needs to be a bit less of a MASSIVE GRIND which it currently is. I don't want to hate this game, but i will not support loot boxes, where-ever they may show their ugly faces.
2) The Imperial Guard need a massive nerf. Seriously, they are doing more damage than Space Marines... how does that even work? If the guard were this powerful, they would never have lost Cadia! 2 Ogryn and 4 Guardsmen with flashlights melt 8k HP in a few seconds AND I'M PLAYING A CRUSADER. Power armor should be able to EASILY handle lasguns, it bugs me as a Warhammer 40k fan, that guardsmen are this powerful, when honestly, their actual job is to die in the millions, buying enough time for the Astartes to come take all the credit. In no way shape or form should a FLASHLIGHT (lasgun) even scuff power armor. This needs to change.
3) Bolters. They need a buff. Along with that, here is an idea i haven't seen in any Warhammer 40k game: choose what type of bolter rounds you can equip (Kraken, Helfrost, Hellfire, etc...) for various status effects, effectiveness against certain enemies, elemental damage, and even combinations during multiplayer, ie. one person is running Helfrost bolts that slow/freeze enemies, and another is using Kraken rounds. If a Kraken round hits a frozen enemy, they explode dealing AOE damage. That's just a start. As a balance, make the type of round can only be selected before a mission, and not during.
4) Chainswords need an attack speed buff. Big Time.
5) Your loot system needs work. I feel like i'm grinding for absolutely nothing at all. The only time I make any progress is when me and a buddy run tarrot missions, and it really shouldn't be that way. Item levels feel like they're arbitrary. A level 18 thunder hammer does less damage than a level 10 greatsword? WTF? It's completely out of whack! As i stated earlier, give loot drops based on difficulty and gear score, and give out rewards per mission accomplished, that are visible when we select the mission we want to do, and above all... Make the items worth it. That we can see and feel the difference in our strength. As an example for missions... When i want to do a purge mission, i can see that i will get a piece of armor, and a power sword, for example. There are more than enough planets to have this kind of system. Just have it scale off our current gear score and boom. There is no need for that rank system which will dictate our drops. It's frustrating and downright annoying.
6) Speaking of loot... yeah there is already a decent amount, however it would still work much better if you were to add individual armor pieces, such as shoulders, chest, helmet, legs, feet, hands, arms, etc. It would open up new play styles and the option for set gear, which is always awesome, and maybe even Astartes pattern power armor so we can play while looking like our favorite chapter. If not that, then at least let us transmogrify our items so we can get a desired appearance. We all wanna look badass, and it's hard when all the armors look almost exactly the same.
7) FOR THE LOVE OF THE EMPEROR AND ALL IN THE IMPERIUM, GET RID OF YOU THRICE CURSED AND CHAOS TAINTED F**KING LOOT BOXES.
TL;DR. Remove loot boxes, buff Fate gain, nerf guardsmen, buff bolters add bolter rounds, buff chainswords, fix the mess of a loot system, diversify equipment, AND REMOVE THE DAMNED LOOT BOXES.
I honestly hope someone takes the time to read this, and seriously consider the points I've made, as I feel this game has an enormous amount of potential, Warhammer 40k games need a win, and I honestly feel like this is it. You've done so much right here, but the things i've listed here mar an otherwise fantastic experience, and for all the good, these things undo almost all of it. There are other minor gripes such as sound and bugs here and there but as this is still early days and in Alpha, it doesn't bother me too much. Hope this helps.