Updates to W40K: Inquisitor - Martyr have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client (in on-line mode) is restarted.
It is also recommended to delete any launch parameters you previously had (you can re-add them if they help again, but it is safer to assume everything works best without them)
Please also note that the backend server might take up to 30 minutes to transfer to the newest update, during which time login will not be possible.
NEW CLASS: ASSASSIN
The Assassin is a fast, versatile class - but only in the hands of highly skilled Inquisitors. She can deal immense amounts of damage under short periods of time, but in return, she has very light armor, making her very susceptible to all forms of damage.
Special class mechanics
- Dodge moves: You can swiftly roll in 4 directions to avoid damage, interrupting any current action. The Assassin receives a high defense bonus for a short period of time.
- Adrenaline: Unlike the Crusader, the Assassin generates her class resource per hit.
Class Armor mechanics:
- Stealth Field: Enter a cloaked state, draining Adrenaline with your actions. Attacking breaks Stealth Field and the Assassin receives a 6 second damage bonus, which is halved if the player was detected.
- Temporal Distortion Field: Slows down all kinetic projectiles, enemy movement and attack speed by 80%. The user's movement speed is increased by 30% for the duration and all attacks are counted as Surprise.
- Holo Field: Deploys Holograms of the Assassin to deceive enemies. The Holograms will attract and fight enemies but deal no damage.
- Sniper rifles and Melee Weapons
- In the next content update, the Assassin will be able to use pistols and two-handed melee weapons.
NEW FEATURE: CABALS
Players can now create Cabals and recruit members to join the fight against heresy! The basics of the Cabal system are now added to the game - Creation, recruitment, and cabal chat.
- To create a Cabal, select the Cabal button from the bottom menu bar.
- Creating a Cabal costs 100 Fate.
- Players can browse for Cabals in the Cabal Browser.
- New Map Setting: Floating Platforms
- 7 new planets added.
- New covers:
- 2 types of barrel groups
- 2 types of piles of boxes
- 3 types of metal containers
- New environmental objects: 3 types of destroyable crates and barrels.
- Reworked existing map settings and monster groups received tweaks to become more intelligent.
- Imperial Indoors setting: Received new, more open hallway and corridor variants.
- Reworked existing map settings to give players a better gameplay experience.
- Some game modes removed until reworked:
- Current ones are: Hunt, Assassination, Purge, Spoils of War, Daemonic Incursion, and Nurgle Infestation.
- Hunt now spawns 1 Elite and 2 weaker targets instead of 3 Elites.
- Spoils of War now spawns enemies when the player is in a chest's proximity. Objective is complete if the monsters are killed within a time period.
- New script: Spawn Skull
- If a player crosses between two floating skulls, a laser will be activated and enemies will spawn from the beacon.
- Various new background soundtracks have been added!
- Replaced every melee skill's VFX and SFX for the Crusader.
- Added missing VFX for Spawn Beacons.
- Added SFX for blood splatter.
- New support wargear is now accessible via loot and from vendors!
- 4 types of Defense fields, Stun and Remote Mines, Timed Grenades are available for all classes:
- Storm shields are now craftable and can be purchased from the vendor.
- The Greataxe is now added to the Crusader's arsenal!
- Replaced some in-game videos for planets and subsectors.
- Added videos representing the mission's terrain type for the mission select screen.
- There is now a message when players want to accept pending rewards with a full inventory.
- Blocked one-handed weapon combinations where there was no animation for the weapon combo as these weapon combinations were never intended. These included 1H sword + Pistol and Pistol + Shield combinations.
- We know this feels like a step backwards, but we will definitely re-add these setups when they will receive their unique animation sets and will be balanced properly.
- Fixed a typo on the Player Info tab.
- Fixed a typo on the Command Bridge.
- Fixed a typo on the Friend List.
- Fixed an issue where daily quests got stuck for some people.
- Fixed a bug where the camera got stuck after ending a mission in a Turret.
- Fixed a bug where players stopped gaining Influence.
- Fixed an exploit where players could gain the final skill of every skill tree.
- Fixed a crash occurring at the end of missions.
- Fixed a bug where other items were created instead of the target item.
- Fixed the crafting bug where players needed to relog to get their crafted items.
- Displayed mission rewards and Fate are now updating correctly.
- Fixed a bug where the Guards were not following the player during Investigation missions.
- Fixed an issue where players got "Game is in progress" error message.
- Fixed an issue where chat was disabled after a player has reconnected.
- Fixed a bug where Grenades and the Armor Skill was put on cooldown after switching weapons.
- Shadows are tilted on the Floating Platform tileset. This will be fixed in a subsequent update.