After a few missions on the game, I'm must say I'm disapointed with this game at this moment. I know this is only an alpha but it already shows the basics... and when the basics are wrong, devs usually add stuff on top of it instead of correcting what they have. I sincerely hope to be wrong 'cause I really want this game to be good :) Sorry if this tread seems rough, my intention is to help, not to judge ;)
- Dynamism : It is the main issue on the current state of the game : it is really slow.
- Cooldown for skills should never be in a mousse skill, only in keypad ones
- Sequence of skills feels slow, when I activate a skill after an other I want to see them happening, sometimes, the second one isn't even triggered.
- Going through the map when you look after an objective or come back after death is painfull
- A lot of mechanism in the game is a "can't play" machanism. It serve no fun purpose (suppression, stun,...). If a mecanism doesn't allow the player to play, it's a bad mechanism.
- Too much detail can hurt the overall look : There is a lot of small details that, at the end, just looks like little dots on the charachter. Graphics could be simplified and smoothed.
- The skills bar is confusing : the 4 align square skills should be the "1,2,3,4" key and the two ronds one should be the mousse skill. I always press 4 to activate the 2 skill.
- Missions : Kill one enemy, Kill 3 enemies, Kill all the enemies, Find 3 objects,. It's basically the same mission : "go through the map and kill. If you want to implement different mission, you need to vary the red line : Escort someone, Prevent someone to escape, survive x minutes to an assault,... I suppose there will be some more mission, I just one to be certain it won't be some other variation of the same thing
- Skills : At this moment a very few skills really feels like skills. It's just basic option of the weapon. If 1 is fire, 2 is fire more with low accuracy... it is the same skill, just make an hold and click with a accuracy drop the more you hold.
- My advice : Limit the weapon skill to 2 (or 1 for one handed) mousse skills and reserve the 4 keypad skills for character skills.
- Hold click mechanic rather than a cooldown : With plasma gun for example : hold click to increase power bar, release click to fire (hurt yourself if you go at the end of the power bar)
- Skills to move your character faster, with damage, with aoe,... is a must.
- Make the animation more visual will make them more fun (add a graphic arc when you swipe a sword for example)
- Gameplay :
- Camera is to far, max hight should be lower
- A good idea should be to add a quick camera control : "Press a key to register the camera position, press spacebar to go on the registered camera position". That way if I want my camera to be behind my character at xy hight, I just press space bar when I want.
- Instead of 3 lifes, give us 3 beacons that allow us to teleport : Drop the beacon. Use again to teleport where the beacon is. That way you can get out of rough situation AND you can go back quicker if look after an objective.
Thanks for reading, hope it will be useful !