First summarized feedback regarding Star Map :)
First of all: Hats off for the visual representation!
- absolutely gorgeous how the sectors, planets etc are shown at the different levels
- travel animation is nice. Loading makes it stuck for a couple seconds, but I assume this will be smooth in the final release.
- small thing here: for me the warp travel was blueish. Would be more fun to have colors closer to how warp is usually depicted (purple/magenta-ish, some small lightning strikes here and there?)
Regarding Info summary panel
- as the stars/planets are always centered and look awesome, it would be nice to still see them after you select a destination (even though you will focus on the new information) Currently with the two overlapping, effectively only half of the screen is used.
- suggestion: Split the info panel into smaller panels and move them to the sides. There could be a separater window for the system preview, the general information (left side) and the planet list (right side)
- going with split panels, a separate, prominent Travel button at the bottom centere would be better
- the panels could come in view with a short animation. Like how they could pop in on a holo projector. Example: from the selected item the panel (or panels) move to their designated place, growin in size and changes transparency to solid. Or blink into existence.
- make the long, scrollable texts scrollable via mouse
This post was edited 4 years 167 days ago by Spike225NeoC