I have run 15 general maps but, I havent seen the event yet.
Is there a best location to spawn the npcs that we need to kill for the event?
If you already did the entire Warzone, you can grind the last map over and over, as it has a +2 villains modifier, who can be Skull Procurators (4 villains in map altogether), and near the 3rd target, there is an elite that can be also a procurator (tho I had several runs with 0 procurator)
There is a tarot card (cannot remember the name suddenly) that boosts villain/commander enemies, and it can roll a "+2 villain in mission" modifier, increasing the chance to find a procurator.
1) Some enchants on the item are working even when not unlocked. I honestly believe they are all working but your character numbers just dont show them.
2) Yes you can get skulls from missions lower than your level. I started doing the War Zone series at level 88 where as WZ starts at level 50 and get them fairly routinely.
3) Aspiring Sorcerers villian types can also be procurators so pretty much and mission type can have procurators. In addition when the sorcerers spawn their clones they can also be procurators. Several times I have gotten 2 skulls from a single Aspiring Sorcerer spawn.
4) The "best" mission type is Hunts as they have at least 3 of the types of enemies which can be procurators but give the above note any mission can give more skulls.
5) War Zone is a good place to get "routine" amount of skulls.. maybe not the best way but if your tired of running random missions it works.
6) The new void crusade is also a good place to get a routine amount of skulls. Just like above.. its ok if your tired of running random missions.
7) Lastly.. this item is a leveling item for new characters hence its starting level of 10 and the random assortment of enchants which are underwhelming for endgame content. Its not made for endgame but its not super terrible. (honestly that rosarius field has saved me a couple of times and has made me rethink it as potential for armor relic enchant)
Hunts; Panic Room, Rescue; Purge, in that order for me. I've never have any spawn in assassinations or the othe rmission types.Warzone is a fast way to keep getting these mission types once you have exhausted the star map. To your last point, see, it's a level 10 item so even a newbie to the gam,e thanks to the sale drawing attention to it, can equip it after a few hours max of gameplay and thus take part in the event. But I wouldn't dismiss it as not endgame worthy like so many people are.Flat 10 all resistance is by itself awesome on a neural implant. My main relic has 3 separate +13 resistances toe ach of warp, heat and physical damage, replacing them with resist all 10, is not bad at all, especially when you then see that the rosarius is there as an added bonus. 10% move speed, useful and whilst 5% damage isn't as great as some of the buffs the 5% shockwave is nice and I am seeing it trigger ofdten enough currently. The 5% enrage token on hit is not as good as a flat +1 enrage token on crit hit, but in a non-crit hit build it is a viable alternative to the chance to get an enrage token on kill or hit taken enchants. It's moire of a good general all rounder item and whilst it may not be as powerful in some endgame builds, it is stilld ecent enough whilst you are refining builds to use it. The BIG issue is that people want to have it completely unlocked already so they can play with all its' abilities sooner rather then later. Honestly if they'd tied it's unlocks to another mission lot like the reclamation event where every 10 missions you unl,ocked anotehr enchanmt but the missions got more difficult each time, 5then that would be far more achieveable for most players and far less frustrating. In any case, I still reckon it's not a bad piece of kit.
Honestly before lv 45 I saw maybe 2 Skull Procurators enemies needed for the event from lv 1-44. After that I saw them consistently as many as 3 per stage mostly on Khorne missions. Nurgle missions rarely seem to have them as in 1 or none. Word Bearers and Black Legion from 1-3. Best type is assassination and Hunt missions for me so far just under 40 kills now. Alpha Legion I have yet to see any Skull Procurators. To clarify you will see a floating skull that is golden typically over the enemy you need to kill on the screen. Just because it shows a skull on the map or mini map it may be a non Skull Procurator enemy.
Yeah, Hunt missions are the best, but what do you do when you run out of Hunt missiosn with the proper enemy type? Did all random missions, scrolled through the map and there is no more.
I want to add two things:
1) Someone said the last WZ mission gives between 1-3 skulls...my experience is that it sucks and that it doesn't compare to Hunt missions.2) I think the item is bugged...I was getting enraged tokens early on when I didn't have enchant #6 unlocked. Turns out I must have been getting them from this enchant.
They seem to drop from Elite and Villain mobs. Hunt missions usually get you three Elite and a random Villain. A Procurator will have a large grey skull icon floating over it ("wielding previously unseen warp-symbols"?). Hunt missions by far have the most chances for them. I've gotten 3 skulls from a single mission, but I've also run several where I didn't get any. The easiest thing to do is sort your random missions by type and run the ones with the right faction. Because the item is account-bound and level 10, you can pass it between multiple characters if they can run random missions.
Also note that they have to be of the right faction listed for the event in-game, but I haven't had any luck with Nurgle, only Chaos Legions; not sure if it's bugged or just bad luck.
Well it makes sense for the underwhelming stats if its meant to be a leveling relic for new characters. IF (big if here) new ancient relics have as many stats as this one then thats promising for new ancient relics. The RNG system on the other hand feels like a typical time/pool system.. basically for all the time you dont play (or maybe just time in general) you generate a pool.. when the pool is full you get a good loot explosion and get everything you need.. now that the pool is empty you get a drip feed of the items till the pool fills up again. Designed to make you feel like drops are normal when you start playing then give you the minimum required for a while. Typical "skinner box" loot mechanic.. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWtvrPTbQ_c) albeit this implementation is among the worst/most obvious of games I've played.. The worst part is the tarot cards looking like they help but actually seem to do nothing.. one mission you will get 2 screens full of loot or stacks of intels/tarot cards.. then barely anything for the next 10 missions.
As for the Ancient item we're currently leveling...frankly, it sucks. If it's an offering meant to help us during the first season, then I find the offering insulting.
Got most of my event kills from lower level missions, so at level 98 doing the lvl 90 "random missions" and really low level starmap ones does it.
Thankfully, Hunt type gives 3 elites, so decent chances there (you can get more than 1 skull mob per mission), while the Purge and some others have like 1 chance. Others like Assassinate don't have them.
There's also always the chance for a Villain to spawn as a skill mob as well, seems like. Chaos sorcerer villains have had the skull on them a few times that I've encountered.
Sometimes you get something that you should for a few games in a row...then you will have a looong (read: unnatural) dry streak.
The peasant would be quick to cry out: "But that's how RNG works!"
No...that's not how it works at all. There should almost never be long dry streaks.
Also, I'm trying to get to the last WZ mission. Currently, I'm at 67 skulls.
Btw, just found out:
1) 5% shockwave2) +10 all res3) +10% movement4) +5% damage5) 3% rosarius on hit6) 5% enrage token on hit
I got +14 max (I remember doing at least two +14s). The supreme, however, seems to be bugged...was only 90% when it should have been higher.
I am leveling WZ again...I heard that the last mission gives 1-3 skulls, so it would be the best way to get to 100 (if true).
So far, I'm getting a decent amount of skulls just from going through the WZ missions.
4th is +5% damage (may be multiplicative)
Agreed, across several alts, did about 50 missions of various types for the enemies...
"Hunt" was the only one with any sort of regular success and even not then.
The RNG is strong in this young Sky Walker...
Part two is that the affixes may be the same for everyone.
first two affixes uncovered were:
5% chance to create shockwave on hit, dealing physical damage and slowing or stunning enemies.
10% resist all
which were the same for several people...