Firstly, I like this game, unlike the mixed reviews of steam, I don't think it's a POS.
Character progression is slow... like way too slow. It doesn't seem to be a huge problem with the options, just how long it takes to get there. Here are my suggestions to fix this.
- Double (or triple) the Skill points given for each level (seriously there are a ton of trees and you're able to fill out 3 of them... maybe? at level 70? (I'm almost level 40)) Also largely because a lot of them are like boring 1%, or +50, and it makes getting a level less exciting)
- Half, or less than half the experience it takes to reach a level. I think you should be lvl 5 by the time you reach the end of the "tutorial"
Descriptions, and tooltips. Missing or poorly worded, I could and might start filing bugs for each of these... like what are the skull-ish? icons that you get in priority missions sometimes (pre-select options), they have no tooltip but obviously mean something.
Diversify environments, almost each planet, imho, should have a sort of look and feel, current there's like ... 2, 3? like maybe.
- Desert (not all sand has to be ... tan... *cough* mars)
- Environmental specific (meaning this isn't part of the enemy faction, it's just there, think catachan wildlife)
- More factions (this is probably coming) (orks, khorne, tzeentch, slaanesh, tau, etc etc)
- More palettes (also why are the Imperial Guard Blue? wtf)
- More map diversity. I feel like I go to a map and it's the same fight different skins, it'd be nice to have to change strategy sometimes
De-linearize, I'm not talking specifically the story, but more the various area's you can get to, and how difficult they are. at level 40, I see no reason to go back to the level 1 system, yet I can, and the reason might be to get all the rewards for the area, but literally playing any given random is pointless otherwise. Area's should scale with you (I think it's ok to have some variance of easier/harder). I also think when you select a mission directly from a planet you should always be able to choose to ramp up the difficulty.
Diversify random Missions
- More time in vehicles... oh yeah...
- Allow more varied tactics (for example I've noticed stealthing entire missions can be ... impossible due to the way you have to complete goals and bottlenecks
- De-diversify enemies on a map... sometimes... sometimes it's weird, why are these guys fighting side by side with chaos marine? why is this not just an endless tide of demons? or chaos spawn, or whatever?
- Less linear maps, more routes through, also stop showing me the map before I start, possibly diablo-esque randomly generate with each game.
getting that Astartes I saved to stop saying I'm no Astartes... I saved HIM
- Ordos (I would think this could be like radical puritan, a skill line you select, that maybe gives you benefits against certain types of enemies)
- Gender and Race... yeah I think you should be able to play any of any for any class.
- Hats, maybe I turned them off... but where's the awesome 15th century hats that are popular amongst the inquisition
- Power weapons don't crackle with energy?
Things I would pay for (honestly I think one of the biggest mistakes of this game is focusing solely on the inquisition, so, including Adeptus Ministorum)
- Playable or Retinue (when I think inquisitors are powerful, it's not physical prowess it's their ability to give anyone orders)
- Grey Knights
- Adepta Sororitas
- Acolytes (or maybe this just needs to be more of a skin for psykers)
- Over the shoulder camera (not just above/isometric)
- Mass Effect 2/3 style moving into cover
- A second set of keybindings for all keys... (there are a couple things I wouldn't mind having 2 bindings for)
I may comment more later...