All of a sudden my lvl 83 crusader is unplayable. When I go into a mission the game lags big time.
I started a mission and everything worked great. After killing some rebels it locked up and lagged. The fps is unplayable. It takes multiple seconds just to turn left to right. When I click somewhere to move it takes a good 10 seconds for him to move. It is like I am playing on the highest graphic setting with every possible option turned on...except I am playing now with every setting maxed to speed, including screen resolution. Turned all physics to its lowest point. Turned off persistent corpses. Selected very low for details. If the option made it look better i turned it off.
If I start a new game or load an existing character the game works just fine. It is just this one guy. I have tried
1. All options set to fastest
2. 800x600 resolution
3. 0 persistent corpses
4. Random missions, void crusade missions, ordos missions, using no tarot cards, playing very low level missions (lvl 21 mission for an 83 lvl guy)
5. Tried windowed, full screen, and borderless
6. Complete uninstall and reinstall.
7. Turning off all background apps that are not needed.
Note that my lvl 83 can zoom around the command bridge with no trouble. It only happens in missions.
Apparently it us the purity seal I just picked up. When a put any purity seal on him (or at least the ones that I tried) it becomes horribly laggy. It still needs to be fixed somehow...but at least I have narrowed it down. Look forward to a solution...It is challenging to play w/o a purity seal