We're proud to announce our newest game, KING ARTHUR: KNIGHT'S TALE! Set in a dark fantasy world based on the Arthurian myth (and our previous King Arthur strategy games), this Tactical / RPG hybrid begins right after the famous battle of Camlann, with a twist:
You are Sir Mordred, the nemesis of King Arthur, the former black knight of the grim tales. You killed King Arthur, but with his dying breath, he struck you down. You both died – and yet, you both live.
The Lady of the Lake, the ruler of the mystical island of Avalon brought you back to end a true nightmare. She wants you to go on a knightly quest. She wants you to finish what you have begun. Kill King Arthur – or whatever he has become after she took his dying vessel to Avalon.
You can watch the announcement trailer here:
Hopefully, the trailer already tells you a lot of things about the game, but there is still much to discover! We'll be discussing every aspect of King Arthur: Knight's Tale in the following days via blog posts and updates, sharing as much concept art, screenshots, gameplay videos and behind the scenes trivia as possible - as with our other projects, we'll be transparent about the development and listen to player feedback constantly.
For now, here's a very brief summary of the most important gameplay features:
- Tactical Role-Playing Game - Turn-based combat, deep progression and loot system, complex characters
- Camelot reborn - Manage the re-building of Camelot and the heroes of the Round Table
- Rogue-lite approach - Permanent injuries and death, no reloads, the consequences of your actions affect your next step
- Morality chart - Between Righteousness and Tyranny, between Old Faith and Christianity, your decisions affect the story and the loyalty of your heroes
- Explore a stunning world - Go on quests, gain new skills and loot, tackle challenging fights and explore this world rendered with our updated engine supporting photo-scanned textures, DirectX 12 and physically-based rendering.
To learn more, please follow this link to our Kickstarter campaign and see why we decided to embark on this journey.
We hope you like what you see, and if you do, please share the news, and return once in a while to learn more!