I tried controllers for the first time this patch. Now that I've been using them for a couple of days here's what I think.
- Grenades need to not throw until the button is released. Aiming is much slower than with a mouse and I often don't have time to aim before the grenade throws by itself.
- Enemies and objects frequently don't highlight until they're way inside my range.
- Sensitivity of turret aiming is way too high. As in by at least an order of magnitude. If I barely move the joystick the crosshair goes most of the way across the screen. Camera control with the same joystick is fine.
- The effect showing which mission is selected is too subtle.
- Too much auto aim. I feel like the game is playing itself for me. I can literally just hold B and my character kills everything.
- How come my character can path around things with a mouse, but with a controller I constantly get stuck on things?
- Fighting from cover is much more clunky and hard to get the game to do what you want it to compared to mouse and keyboard.
This post was edited 340 days ago by Bitskrieg