I tried controllers for the first time this patch. Now that I've been using them for a couple of days here's what I think.
- Grenades need to not throw until the button is released. Aiming is much slower than with a mouse and I often don't have time to aim before the grenade throws by itself.
- Enemies and objects frequently don't highlight until they're way inside my range.
- Sensitivity of turret aiming is way too high. As in by at least an order of magnitude. If I barely move the joystick the crosshair goes most of the way across the screen. Camera control with the same joystick is fine.
- The effect showing which mission is selected is too subtle.
- Too much auto aim. I feel like the game is playing itself for me. I can literally just hold B and my character kills everything.
- How come my character can path around things with a mouse, but with a controller I constantly get stuck on things?
- Fighting from cover is much more clunky and hard to get the game to do what you want it to compared to mouse and keyboard.
This post was edited 1 year 328 days ago by Bitskrieg