Hi There and at first, again sorry for the bad English!
I write about it in another discusion and i think it is worth enough for his oun discussion:
I mostly play alone games because I have all the day long people around me. And in my free time I like it to do so.
There is than the problem when I play a psyker, or ranged char ihave no tank around me that help me out to play my role in a good way. And there is the point where komes the companion in the game!
That is my first idea for the game:
Where become I an companion?
- At the end of an investigation (maybe like a veteran from the imperial arme, that we must help on a revenge and in the end he will fight for us).
- In campain missions
- From event missions
- In a Companion side quest
- Its my one choice to say “yes be my tool of the inquisoition!” or “no, iam an inquisitor who works alone!”
- I can every time change my mind to get them in my party
The Role of the Companion:
-highly specialised in one(!) skil, like a tank, ranged fighter, healing ect! (with that I have the options to have many different companions and I can use the variety of the empire)
-they can use turrets
-when I drive a tank he will make the gunner
- Strong enough to have a worth in my missions (not like in diablo 3), but of course not so strong like another player.
- One perk for my inquisitor that give me an bonus when I work complet alone (iam the will and the hand of the emperor and no one else!)
- One perk for my inquisitor when I work with companions (I will have my minnion army!)
- One perk for my inquisitor when I work with other player (what is better than one inquisitor? Right many of them!)
- The companion will disable when I play with other player
- An imperial veteran With HELL Laser for ranged DPS
- An Grey Knight or/and the stormwatcher marine for close combat tank
- Adeptus sororitas for healing companion
- Deathwatch space marine for ranged tank
- Mercenary for CC
- An Commissar, that say how mutch cool iam, to make my suppression high
- A Priest for buffing / drop chance
- Pariah: Debuffing
- Many more
- A companion will like you more or leave you in the choices you made
- A companion will be more effective when he/she likes you
- For every way (radical/Puritan) we have one companion with tank/healing/ranged ect. skill
- All the companions must be have a place on your ship! More rooms in the ship a mess, barraks, chapel
- Option to have more of one companion in missions, with a pannalty of your damage and the taken damage
That is my idea for companions.
I make this thread for brainstorming, for your opinions and ideas.
Maybe you have a complete different view for an companion system, Or have additions to my idea. Than feel free to write it down!
Or you like it! Than write it or give it a thumb up! And when don’t, than don’t.
At last is that an inspiration for the neocore team.
Your Van Bolt Thrower