The Caligari sector is beset by a new threat, a newly formed Chaos cult called the Void Brethren. Previously just an inconsequential cabal of void pirate gangs, they have been bestowed upon the blessings of Nurgle, a horrid gift that gives them power beyond mere mortals. With their ships they carry this gift far and wide, absorbing the dregs of the Imperium into their ranks. Other pirate gangs, fledgling cults, criminals and deserters, the Void Brethren grow stronger each day. The Caligari Conclave can ignore them no longer, they must be stamped out before their filth spreads too far.
Inquisitor's Season 3 will launch on July 6th 14:00 CEST.
Before delving into the depths of the new Seasonal mechanics, let's take a look at the freshly implemented Quality of Life changes (affecting the whole game, regardless of Seasons):
Co-Op Void Crusades
- You asked for it, we delivered - from now on, you can conquer the Void with your friends. Read more about the challenges during the development of this feature [here].
Void Shard Exchange
- You can now turn Void Shards into Void Dust, then form new types of Void Shards. This allows players to start Void Crusades for which they did not originally have the required shards.
- Void Shards, Cortex Fragments, Seasonal Currencies, Tarot Cards and the like will no longer hog inventory space. Everything can be found neatly organized in the new Currency panel.
Loot Auto Pickup filter
- You can now filter the Loot Auto Pickup feature so your character will only pick up items of your desired quality.
Loot from Destructible Objects
- Crates, barrels, and the like will now drop loot upon destruction. Mostly you will find Credits in them, but sometimes there are supplies, inoculator charges, and even relics in them!
Tarot Card Removal
- You can now remove already selected Tarot Cards and Empyrean Seals from missions.
Tech Adept Rebalance
Although the Tech Adept was popular there was a lot of criticism involving its itemization, the lack of lategame build options and overall game feel. We agreed with some of these and reworked his kit to reduce unnecessary micromanagement, simplify itemization while keeping his customizability and overall improve his synergy with his constructs. The Tech Adept's gameplay should feel more fluid, his build options were widely extended and he's very much capable of tackling lategame challenges in his new state.
Mechanics of Season 3 - The Season of the Void Brethren
Thunderbolt of Authority
- Dealing and taking hits, as well as using your Inoculator now grant a chance to cast a Chain Lightning that hits the closest enemy target and jumps to the next 2 enemies, dealing damage. Thunderbolt of Authority has a 15-meter range, and deals 500+CharacterLevel*50 damage. Every jump halves the damage caused. Also, every cast of ToA breaks destructible objects in a small radius (5m) around the player. ToA has an internal Cooldown of 2 seconds that can be reduced with the various new items.
- To increase your chances of casting ToA, you can use the new Seasonal Shards.
Of course, Seasonal Missions had to play an integral part in the gameplay of Inquisitor, so we have decided to spice it up a little by adding in 59 new seasonal maps, divided into 3 tiers:
- Tier 1 - "Basic" Seasonal missions, each having a 50% chance of spawning a Pirate Spoil Trove
- Tier 2 - Tougher, "Advanced" Seasonal missions, each containing 3 Pirate Spoil Troves
- Tier 3 - "Boss" maps, with a new enemy, the Soul Grinder, with each map containing 5 Pirate Spoil Troves
How to reach these maps?
- To enter Seasonal Missions, the players need to collect Void Brethren Insignias. These Insignias can be looted from high ranking Pirate officers, destructible objects, Void Plunder Caches, and of course the Soul Grinder.
- You can use these Insignias on any mission as they are Empyrean Seals. When you use an Insignia on a mission, the mission will transform into a Void Pirate mission based on the type of the insignia you have used.
Players can loot and use 3 types of Void Brethren Insignias:
- Void Brethren Insignia I: It can grant missions from 2 tiers, with a low chance of granting Tier 2 maps. (25%)
- Void Brethren Insignia II: It can grant only Tier 2 and Tier 3 missions (85/15% chance)
- Void Brethren Insignia III: It can only grant Boss type missions.
What can I find within these Seasonal Missions?
- Contraband Servoskulls can spawn instead of Villain type enemies, and work in a similar way to Void Crusade Servoskulls, e.g. you have a limited timeframe to kill them before they disappear. These grant you a stack of the Bounty of the Void Brethren buff and have a high chance of dropping Void Plunder Keys.
Pirate Spoil Trove
- These are special chests that can be found on Seasonal missions only (the higher tier the mission, the more of these you can find). You can only open these chests with Void Plunder keys, the main source of which are going to be Contraband Servoskulls. These contain a lot of high quality items including Seasonal items.
If you do not have the key to the Cache, you will spawn enemies upon interacting with it.
Void Plunder Cache
- These are the "regular" seasonal chests that can spawn instead of normal chests
on every mission. Guarding them is Spoil Warden Kilgers who has a moderate chance of dropping Seasonal items and Void Plunder Keys.
- Every shrine has a 35% chance to be converted to a Seasonal Shrine that will always spawn a Contraband Servoskull upon interaction.
Bounty of the Void Brethren
- By completing Seasonal Missions, or killing the Contraband Servoskull, you gain the Bounty of the Void Brethren. The Bounty is a special buff that lasts for 3 missions or until death and it can stack to 5.
One stack of the Bounty of the Void Brethren grants the player
- +20% Chance for Relic or better items
- +10% Chance for Void Brethren Insignia drops
- +15 Base Damage
The new Seasonal Shards increase the chance to cast ToA:
Of course, no new Season is complete without new rewards - we have added 26 new Seasonal items with brand new Relic enchants to help you synergize your build around the new Seasonal Mechanics.
Our goal with Season 3 was to create an interesting and rewarding gameplay flow, as players can encounter Seasonal enemies on basic missions, and from the items they acquire from these enemies, they can open up new, more challenging missions with unique fights and rewards.
The new Seasonal Journey reflects this as well, with new objectives and new rewards! Obliterate the heretic Void Brethren and gain new Portrait frames and Trophies!
Your Thoughts? Please login to place your opinion. Not a member yet? Register here and now!