I took a break for a bit until the crashing bug got worked out and happy to report not a single crash so far! Now that I've played the game a bit more I have a few thoughts:
1. The Nurgle Dreadnoughts pretty much suck. When I played the game day one I had a very epic kiting fight with one and it was exhilarating! Now they have constantly recharging health/armor and it's just annoying. They aren't particularly challenging or compelling right now. They do very little damage to the point where I can pretty much just stand in front of them and go blow for blow until they die. It's to the point where I have a sense of dread when I see one because I know I'm in for a long boring fight with really no challenge at all.
2. The grenade launcher is amazing! My favorite weapon by far right now. It has a good variety of skills, which sometimes feels lacking with other weapons. It feels very powerful and makes you actually feel like a badass inquisitor mowing down demons. I also quite like the autogun. The multimelta feels pretty much useless though and it seems like the point is you need to stack heat resist in order to use it? I haven't really messed with it after realizing how fast it overheats. Edit: I just got a Grav Gun...my new favorite weapon! all 4 abilities are unique and it's so much fun to use!
3. Personally I'm really not a fan of the 3 strikes you're out death counter. I'm not really sure there needs to be this kind of punishment for dying on a mission. Something like losing money on death would be a compromise in my opinion.
4. The base movement speed feels a little too slow. The maps can be fairly large and there isn't a ton of density so often times I feel like I'm just slowly walking to the next pack. It takes me out of the action and it's just not a fun experience. Just increasing the base movement speed a little bit would make it easier to get around and not take you out of the action quite as much.
5. I'm assuming this is just because it's in Alpha, but changing equipment, leveling skills, etc. really need to be accessible during missions. There also really needs to be a way to compared equipment but I'm assuming that will be available later.
6. Cyclon Missile Launcher: The animation for the feels kind of clunky. It feels like you stop moving for way to long and then fire pretty slow projectiles. I'll often times end up shooting behind enemies because the timing feels off. It seems like it's supposed to be your "ultimate" ability but overall the it feels kind of underwhelming. It does charge up pretty fast so it's not so bad, but it seems like it does less damage then the grenade launcher or shotgun. I much prefer the turret ability.
I've only run into a few bugs so far:
- On a medium sized ship mission I walked into an empty room, only to have a pack spawn right on top of me, surround me and kill me.
- I equipped a blue autogun before a mission and it disappeared as soon as I loaded in.
- A few AI bugs where enemies will just stand there not attacking me.
This seems like a long list of negatives but overall I'm enjoying what's available so far and believe this game has a lot of potential.