many of you have been asking about our plans regarding endgame progression, and the time has finally come for this topic.
In the close future, a series of events will lead up to our first Season update. Here is a brief timeline of our plans about the challenges awaiting Inquisitors worldwide:
During the next weekend (June 15-17), a shorter global event will take place. This will be tied in with a new short story from the Caligari Archivum, and Inquisitors will have to deal with invaders at a new point of interest. There will be community-wide goals to achieve for this event, and of course, successful Inquisitors' efforts won't go unrewarded.
There will be leaderboards implemented for the event (along with all such events in the future). This event will be the first chance for the most skillful Inquisitors to permanently etch their name into the game.
A few weeks after this introductory event, the foreshadowing of the Warzone begins with a week-long event that will have a permanent result on the game world based on the community's deeds within the Caligari Sector. This event will take place in the Lacaon System.
The Warzone will open soon afterwards, unlocking endgame leveling for players. This will mean that on the Progression tab, new active and passive skills can be unlocked via doing Endless missions within the Warzone. These missions will be gradually tougher and only seasoned veterans of the Caligari Sector will be able to progress far into the Warzone.
Within the Warzone, players will be able to search for keys that can be used for spawning a special Boss, a Nemesys, that will drop better quality, rarer items for those who are worthy enough to face them.
The Warzone means the lead-up to our first Season. Currently, there is one subsector available in the game world - the Tenebra Subsector (Tier I). The new Season will begin with yet another global event in late summer, and when the event ends, a whole new Subsector will be opened to players (Tier II). This Season will introduce the Dark Eldar faction along with an increased level cap, new items, perks, enchants, and new missions.
Of course, all such Events and Season updates will be completely free for everyone.
This is the base of the Season system, and our plan is to keep this progression going with unlocking new Seasons throughout the lifespan of the game.
To sum up:
- A series of Global Events will introduce the Warzone within ~1 month
- Within the Warzone, players will be able to unlock active and passive skills via Endless leveling
- These events will have a global community goal and a permanent effect on the game world
- The Warzone also allows players to farm keys used for fighting a Nemesys boss
- After the Warzone, the second Subsector will be unlocked through an event
- This will increase maximum level cap, introduce a new faction, new items, perks, enchants, quests, and more.
- More and more Season updates will come as the game progresses along, providing free content throughout the lifespan of the game.