Post 1 - Snakefist on Beta
Since no game, except perhaps Diablo 2, is perfect - Snakefist commends Mightily all the hard work on this game! It is excellent and Worthy of Mordor! When (admitting, freely) critical bugs are solved, the game is ready for good 2 months, perhaps 3 depending on yet unrevealed release-content.
By 'good for' Snakefist, of course, considers Story-related and casual players - if Snakeself were in context, it would be good for much, much more... depending on increased PL and uncapped levels.
Story 'is a story by itself' - even this shows its worth and potential. As it should be.
Post 2 - Snakefist on Balance of Belts
Force Field is absolutely dominating. Snakefist, in His Wisdom, thinks that it is *not* overpowered, and shouldn't be nerfed (perhaps by just a little, if it's a must). Why, oh Eternal Balancer?
- It's in the current balance already. Balancesheet is practically *based* on it. With nerf, everything becomes harder
- In all His Endless Honesty, Snakefist claims that players would use it even with 2,000 shield value
What to do instead? Buff everything else. Dramatically, even. Here are some possibilities...
- Add an amount of shield points (1000, 2000 even) on everything else. This instantly changes decision whether to have Shield points to *how much* Shield points to have, along which other effect
- Buff affixes. Ideal Force Field now can have +HPreg twice and +Supreg once (or something more aggression related). Say others could have more, in value. Doesn't change the balance, since they are currently unused anyway
- Increase native ability of item, make it last longer or forever until spent
- Make things like grenades or mines to replenish themselves in time
- Make other items give (as alternative to item 1) Suppression or HP bonus, fixed as affix and changed by reroll, if the players wishes it to. Also, make possible for another such a bonus to be rerolled (and don't allow to Force Field to ever have it)
All of this is meant to increase diversity of belt items. In His Doubtless Certainty, Snakefist is Sure that meta-game would change in time in favour of other items, even without changes - but for a launch it's far better to have increased diversity AT ONCE (reviews, and stuff).
Coming Soon: Some thoughts on how to grab some vacation during summer, without aggravating playerbase. Useful tips and tricks by Snakefist, who too had a Great Pleasure to work 60-70h per week for several months, including whole Summer without AC in closed facility with dress-code - read fully dressed on 50C. For several times. Another case, He knows, but He, for One, has a Sincere Compassion for your troubles...