An unexpected Chaos incursion into the vaults of a renowned Navigator House exposes a disturbing new conflict in a forsaken region of the Caligari Sector. The trail of buried secrets leads to a place that shouldn’t even exist and unleashes the tide of carnage that will soon engulf entire planets if the agents of the Inquisition cannot stop the mayhem of Khorne, the Chaos God of war, rage and hate.
The new Season for “Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr” will let loose the bloodthirsty followers of Khorne in the Caligari Sector, opening up a new Subsector with new star systems, introducing the Daemons of Khorne and the visually stunning and macabre gameplay mechanics designed to conjure the atmosphere of battling the violent and primal followers of the Blood God, while two brand new investigations will tell the dark story behind the existence of the Voidrippers, the unique sandboxed Chaos Space Marine Chapter worshipping Khorne.
Updates to W40K: Inquisitor - Martyr will be released. The updates will be applied automatically after the scheduled maintenance and when your Steam client (in on-line mode) is restarted. Please also note that during maintenance, players will be unable to login.
- New enemy Faction: Khorne
- 11 new enemy units
- Inquisitorial Rank cap increased to 80
- Item level cap increased to 70
- The Agartha Subsector has opened. Minimum power rating: 1500
- Two new Investigations available
- New game mechanic: Blood Tithe
- Dynamic weather and difficulty change as you slaughter Khorne forces
- Detailed Crafting Preview
- Added detailed tooltips for Materials and Techtree improvements
- Players can now preview locked Tarot cards to see their unlock methods
- Increased weather variety across all maps
- Keybindings and the controller layout selection are no longer lost after changing the "enable controller" option
- Fixed the Martyrdom Crusader perk
- Fixed missing briefing videos in localized versions
- Fixed Defense missions in Co-Op
- Fixed the Red Thirst buff in Co-Op
- Fixed the Evasive Bionics and the Evasive Rites buff
- The Psychic Parry skill in the Defense tree now gives a +100% Deflect bonus to the Force Sword
- Various minor bugfixes and improvements
- Adjusted DLC investigation rewards
- Improved Morality point rewards for Priority Assignment choices
...and to move on to an equally important announcement:
in the past we've mentioned that we have gathered an enormous amount of feedback from the community since the game's release. Now is the time to talk about putting that feedback to good use.
Along with free content such as season updates, and DLCs, we are working on another new, major, free update that is a little bit different from what we had before. This update will not only add more to the game, but changes quite a few things in their core. All of these changes were made solely on user feedback. We're thankful that you recognized Martyr's potential, so, with the help of your feedback, we would like to announce an upcoming update:
Martyr 2.0 - Touch of the Omnissiah
Indeed, we felt like we have to have a clean sheet when we began planning this project. Our primary goals were extending the game's co-op capabilities along with adding quality-of-life improvements to various areas of the game. We felt the need that players should be able to access missions easier and quicker, and of course, itemization was also a priority. This is why we'll add a mission selector, and offer players who have done the tutorial at least once the option to skip those introductory missions.
To boost variety, we will add new items and new skills to the mix as well. Higher-end content outdates rather hastily in the current version of Martyr, and this is why we want to improve this situation with scaling the Warzone (and its rewards, of course) towards max-level at all times.
Moreover, Challenges will be available for players as part of a new Challenge System, refreshing an unlocking on certain days, rewarding successful Inquisitors with the most powerful loot in the Imperium, along with experience.
Regarding Crafting, we are planning some important changes as well. We feel like the current form and mechanics of Crafting is not rewarding enough, so changes will be made to allow players to really make use of this feature.
Once again, we would like to thank you for your feedback that led us to these changes - it could not happen without you.
Here's what's coming in the Touch of the Omnissiah update:
- Main campaign fully playable in Co-Op
- Monster rebalance and more variety in combat gameplay
- New endgame item tier with new skills included
- Improving/balancing the responsivity and combat speed of classes
- Challenge System
- Revamped Crafting
- Various quality of life improvements (mission selector, skippable loot scene and tutorials, etc.)
- New Warzone for max-level players
- …and more!
...of course, you are probably wondering, "this sounds nice, but when do we get all this stuff?". Even though work has started on this project long ago, changes like these take time. Our plan is to release this major update in the first quarter of 2019, as a completely free patch. Of course, as it is with development, these features may change in the long run, but the outline is clear.
Console players, you need not to worry - these changes will arrive on the PS4 and Xbox One as well - we will update our Roadmap accordingly, so be sure to check in every once in a while!
Thankfully, the second Season of the Caligari Sector has arrived to tide you over with loads of new content in the meantime.
Praise the Emperor!
Your Thoughts? Please login to place your opinion. Not a member yet? Register here and now!