Those of you who've joined us last Saturday on our recent NeocoreGames stream might already know the details of the upcoming major Patch 2.0 for Inquisitor - Martyr, but in case you've missed it, you can watch the stream below, or check the rundown we've put together.
For those who are new to this concept: based on player feedback and extensive testing, Patch 2.0 aims to elevate Martyr's qualities as an ARPG, implementing features, pacing and a sense of progression that is more in line with the traditions of the genre.
Some of the new features of Patch 2.0 include a revamped and rebalanced combat, itemization and progression system, an entirely new item tier and new item types, a more challenging and complex endgame, an overall more fluid experience, and much more. It's a huge patch and we're very excited to finally share some info about it!
We'll talk more about these features in the coming weeks and will check them out in detail. So stay tuned for more! Until then, here's a quick summary of our stream and some of the major upcoming features we've talked about. Of course, this isn't a final list - and absolutely not a patch log - of all the changes coming in 2.0, but we hope it'll give you an idea of what to expect. Patch 2.0 will be a free update - similar to Seasons 1 & 2, and its release date will be announced very soon.
- Power rating of items and characters is gone and will be replaced with Player levels.
- The maximum level is increased from 80 to 100, but reaching level 100 will be quite the challenge.
- Mission difficulty will be based on your character's current level
- You can equip items depending on your character level (you are allowed to wear items 5 levels above your character level)
- The level requirement of the loot you gain is based on your character level (±5 levels in general)
- We reviewed and edited more than 400 different animations and actions, from movement to active skills. This will ensure a fast-paced gameplay, more in line with traditional ARPGs.
- A few examples:
- throwing a grenade will be faster
- characters will turn without an arc
- weapon abilities will be much faster
- Martyr's story will be available in co-op mode (2-4 players).
- The Tarot system will be revamped
- Tarot cards and their powers will be completely changed
- Instead of generating Tarot missions, every random mission can be enhanced with Tarot cards, similar to the originally planned system
- These missions will be more difficult and more rewarding at the same time
- Players will be able to level up Tarot cards
- Crafting will be instant and won't require slots
- New unique blueprints will be added to the game, allowing a higher variety of items
- The Modify feature will be revamped
- Challenges will be a new type of special quests with extra rewards
- A maximum of 5 challenges can be active at a time per character
- New challenges will be generated from time to time
- One challenge can be swapped every day
- Challenges will be shown on the Star Map
- A separate leaderboard will be added to Challenge mode
- Warzones will be revamped with new rewards and new maps
- They will be increasingly difficult challenges, allowing it to function as a gear-check challenge
- Completing a level for the first time will give better rewards
- Various loot sources will have a chance to contain a Map Fragment
- Combining Map Fragments will provide special missions with high level endgame loot
- The Map Fragment missions will also contain hidden clues, rooms, etc.
- Map Fragment missions are limited, they can only be repeated after collecting new fragments
- A new endgame item tier will be added with unique active skills.
- Items will have a chance to contain sockets
- You will be able to enchant your items through these, and even combine these enchantments to create a more powerful upgrade to the item.
Unique, evolving items
- Loot can now contain unique items but powerful stats which are hidden in the beginning
- You will need to complete challenges to unlock these traits
Other quality of life improvements
- Faster mission selection: Based on your feedback, we made mission selection and traversing the Star Map faster and more fluid
- You will be able to access your inventory and swap your gear pieces during missions as well
- The XP Bar will be visible during missions, and killing monsters will grant your characters XP instantly instead of at the end of the mission
- The tutorials must be completed only once (with each class), you will be able to skip them on other characters
- And many more!
As mentioned above, this isn't a final list of the features, but rather a general rundown of what to expect and what we've talked about in Saturday's stream. More will be announced in the coming weeks, so stay tuned! If you're interested in what's coming to Martyr or have a question about the patch, drop by one of our upcoming streams! You can also join our Discord channel and follow us on Facebook to receive news about the game.
See the latest stream here, and join us for the next stream on Friday 6PM CEST.
The Emperor protects!